Crooks are lower than that stuff on the bottom of your shoe! Hate to see anybody get ripped, and I feel bad for you Mike. Unfortunately, in my line of work, I have seen victims taken for hundreds of thousands of dollars. That said, given the low dollar amount, it would unlikely meet any federal US Attorney's prosecutive guidelines.

I agree, probably not the best idea to be spreading his name around...though you probably wouldn't be doing anything illegal. However, I would do this! I would read US Codes 1341 and 1343, Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud respectively. Then, I would contact your nearest US Postal Inspectors and FBI Office's. They will likely tell you what I said in the last sentence of paragraph 1. Tell them you understand but insist that your complaint, including the individual's name, get documented on a proper complaint form. That way it will be documented in the event this individual becomes involved in some bigger scheme/scam. This certainly won't take the sting out of being ripped off. But many experienced investigators will tell you that crooks keep stealing, until they get caught (and a prosecutor is wiling to prosecute). Slim Shady