Originally Posted by fatjack34
Colleges and Universities are pricing themselves out of business. 40 Grand a year is average....NH gives no sweet instate discount to home slices either...no broad based taxes...no money for education...equals the 3rd highest instate tuition in the land....

I am staring at about 40G's a year to start for my son in the fall...and I thought the 5G's per I got bagged for in the early 80's was an ass raping! Sonofabitch!

***** that 40 for my son is out of state too...[bleep] NH!

Cleaning out a bunch of boxes I have saved over the years ( being divorced from the bitch from Hell.. in one of the more wacko liberal counties in the nation.. to CYA...) and found paperwork battling the Dept of Education over student loans...

I had to pay my student loans off twice... did it first time in the early 1980s in full.. and then in the late 90s. the Dept of Ed harassed me again, and demanded that I show them the receipt from the early 1980s when I paid them off... of which I didn't keep.. as who thought the Dept of Ed would try to harass me again, 15 years later...

We negotiated that figure out second time...

Fist time I paid off my student loans of $3500.

second time we negotiated for $1250...

considering the amounts vs today's tuition... I really don't have much to complain about in ratio...