Auburn University
'74-'78, Civil Engineering,
dropped out Senior year (Yeah, not real smart, but I didn't have anybody to mentor or advise me otherwise.)

University of Alabama, Huntsville
'79-'80, Electrical Engineering, while working full time and going to night school. Went to work for a Gov't contractor in Huntsville, AL. They picked up my school tab and redirected things and I got Engineering Certifications in Nuclear Environmental Qualification Test Engineering and Seismic Test Engineering in 1981.

Went to work for NASA in 1984 and they sent me back to school and I got additional Engineering Certifications in Flight Electrical Systems (NASA's version of Electrical Engineering), Flight Hardware Engineering (NASA's version of Aerospace Engineering), Life Support Systems, and Command & Data Management Systems. It didn't matter to NASA if you already had a PHD in Engineering - to work in some positions you HAD to take and pass their courses. Then went through the process to be approved as a Mission Control Console Engineer. I had a great career with NASA and the Army Missile Command, and with the exception of a few notable incidents, I would have paid them to get to do what I did.

Last edited by Skeezix; 03/07/14.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)