well scott, what did edward alby say about it? A young man without a blood lust, probably isn't much of a man. An old man with the same blood lust probably doesn't have much in the way of brains?
To each his own, but i have never been a trophy hunter, not important to me, filling the freezer is. And I a long time ago stopped shooting stuff i had not use for, as to the eating department.
I chased one buck for probably four years, had multiple chances to smoke him, and didn't. Mainly because i figured out his modis operandi, and after that it wouldn't have been a chore to kill him, but no purpose in it.
I am off end of the week for deer, the trip itself is enough, the killing of a deer is secondary. I have nothing to prove.
I also was on a trophy elk bull for quite a few years, smart ol fellow. But after i figured out how he managed to stay alive, i left him along.
A couple of years ago, i downed a pretty good cow elk, and was telling my grandson how sad it made me, to take it's life. I remarked that in my book that sadness comes with the territory.
His comment was that sadness will disappear when gramma puts that steak on the table, and he was right about that too.
But I don't take it lightly.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO