Originally Posted by curdog4570
Any thread about actual hunting is gonna become about people instead of game pretty quickly.

It's easy to see which members don't have much to offer a conversation about actual, real life HUNTING. They're gonna talk about theirselves....... of someone else.

Now....... back to the CONVERSATION...

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the Boss Buck in the pasture may not have the most desirable antlers. Deer are not impressed by B&C scores. Body size trumps antler size as far as a pecking order.

But... each year on large ranches a few Trophy Bucks are killed in fights with other Trophy bucks. The killer will be a young, slender horned, buck who runs in a rams a sharp horn into the gut of one of the two large combatants.

[I don't know if GOOGLE will confirm that, so I could be lyin']

I've seen ugly scrungy pissed off chip on the shoulder eight pointers run much bigger and more desirable ten pointers off feeders and does. I guess in some ways they are like some people.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.