I don't like taking skinny speckled back, (young of the year) pin-feathered doves or small bass that haven't had a chance to reproduce. It's not a big deal though and on camping trip hunts years I have put some spotless young of the year on the camp pole for meat. They are tender but you need bacon grease to enhance the flavor.

A lot of it has to do with the fact there are a lot of whitetails in Texas and I often see lots of deer if I'm not hunting the Big Thicket country of East Texas or the prairie/ desert of west Texas for mule deer where does or fawns are not normally legal unless its a big ranch with lots of deer and on a game management program.

I don't shoot quail when the numbers are drastically down even though the state still okays 15 a day, even if on a good day you'd never even see that many.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/26/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.