Originally Posted by milespatton
A few years back, I had a goat horned spike on the place that needed killing, but not legal for me. My Nephew was out hunting an asked if he could bring his young cousin (no kin to me) out for a hunt. He promised to be with him and watch out for him so I said OK. I sent them to the area where I had been seeing the spike in hopes that he would get a shot at him, since it would be legal of kids under 16. He killed a small 6 point Eastern count, and was tickled to death. I would not have shot that deer but I am glad the kid got one. He was very nice and thanked me profusely for letting him hunt, and loaning him a youth model .243 that was easy for him to handle. That is the kind of things that I like to look back on and think about. The spike never got killed to my knowledge and finally just disappeared. Last that I saw they were long and curved forward like the main beam on an 8 point but with no points, just the main beam. miles

A guy I hunted with killed a 5 1/2 year old spike. It had spikes over 11 inches tall and a pretty heavy base. It was in the end, just a spike though. Had been, all it's life. I have personally seen mature spikes whip much bigger bucks and breed the does...

I congratulated him on his kill. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!