When you miss a nice buck offhand about 150 yds - no rest available - on a gusty day with a light bbl rifle - and compelled to rebarrel w a heavier tub

I would be willing to bet a dollar against a dime ninety percent of the folks who post on 24hour could not hit a moose off hand at 150 yards.

When I was in my early fifties I carried an eleven pound rifle despite being 5'7" and weighing 160 pounds. When I hit about 63 that rifle became a tank. I started my quest for a very light rifle; which I do just as well with as the heavy rifle.

When I was carrying the heavy rifle I could fire 100 yard 3 1/2" groups all day off hand. Now I can get 10" groups all day long with the same rifle. I have what I call "the old man quiver". The light rifle doesn't seem to help or hinder. I carry it a lot more than I shoot it.

If I could get a four pound rifle that produced the velocity I like and a scope that allowed me to see what I can see in my 5-25X or 4-24X I would go for it. I don't see how it can be done.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter