Originally Posted by bonefish
From recent experience, I have a new 6lb rifle, including scope, that I have shot poorly with factory ammo from the bench. Before I waste a bunch of time and money working up loads, is it possible that super light rifles are just real hard to get to shoot well? I am sure that much of the problem is my skill level and teqnique. Felt recoil is not my problem but recoil might be influencing my shot. My concern is that poor bench performance might be magnified off sticks or a pack. Perhaps 1.5-2 MOA is reasonable accuracy for a carry rifle and less than 200y shots. If this is true, I probably do not need a custom rifle for such an application. Trying to decide whether or not to sell this rifle or if I should work up loads for it. Rifle is a NULA in 260. I guess would compare in weight to a kimber Montana.

I've had two ULA'a (pre-NULA's). For me, a rifle that weighs in less than 6 1/2's lbs becomes difficult to shoot well. Off the bench or in the field. If anything 6 lbs 10 ozs or a bit heavier is about as light as I want to go. That's just seems to be my "threshold". For others though, they may shoot just fine with something lighter in weight.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.