Tanner,

I think Ringman's issue may be that he believes everybody shoots as poorly as he does...?

You're being foolish. I based the bet on observation at the range. When I shoot from prone or with a rest I do as well as I ever did. Once when I fireformed a box of cases for my .220 Extremest I fired offhand at 400 yards. The target was a 15" sorta round gong. There were a couple guys at a bench next to me who were using a .270 and a .30-06. Occasionally they hit the gong and were quite pleased. I hit it twenty times out of twenty shots. My wife called me a showoff. I was not showing off. It was more fun to fire at something than fire into the ground. Over the years I have noticed there is no improvement in the general population of shooters at the range. I had the scope set on 20X.

I hope as you age you do not develop any deterioration of your body or abilities.

I've not found a rifle too light yet, but the lightest I've killed game with is a sub 6-lbs (scoped, slung) Kimber Montana 308. It worked out to 505 yards, but I'm sure Ringman would be a dollar to my dime that 510 would've been too far....

Upon what do you base this silly assertion?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter