I went through a stage where I liked lighter rifles and have had montana's, several faux TI's, a ks, mtn rifles and t3 super lights. I've noticed that a good trigger is a must and so is good load development. The accuracy node with some of my whippy barrels was usually pretty specific. A 1/2 grain of powder change sometimes turned a 2.5 moa load into a sub moa. Form in shooting is critical too and biPods are more likely to cause problems. Consistant forend grip is a must I think because the barrel rise can be quicker.

Still have my 7wsm montana, 270 WSM montana, 1st gen ti 30-06, a faux Ti 223 ai and 7-08, and a few t3's and all shoot sub moa with the right load.

Lately my builds have been leaning towards 22" rem standard sporter contours. I just like the way they balance and I shoot well with them from field positions. My first rifle as a kid was a 700 bdl 6mm. I always shot well with that rifle and killed at least 10 deer with it 1 shot each. Sent a lot of rabbits and rock chucks to the other side with it too. Running rabbits were great off hand practice. Made deer seem too easy.

Maybe I've come full circle because rock is making me some more 8 twist 24 cal rem sporters this week and I'm researching 6 creedmoor reamers. I still have my old BDL 6mm but I'm trying to save what little barrel life I have left on it and keep it original for my boys first deer hunts. A stainless 6 creedmoor the same size should keep more miles off my old bdl.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/18/15.