I have a 280 AI being built that should end up just under 7 lbs. Just agreed on this site to buy a standard wt. 1954 model 70 30-06. Was going to give the 30-06 as a gift but may be forced to see if it fits into my growing family of rifles. I will likely try some loads in my NULA. Screwing around with it might make me a better shooter. Whomever suggested a very light trigger for an ultralight is probably on to something. Not that trigger pull wt. and shooter trigger teqnique do not matter on all rifles, but I am guessing that both matter a great deal on an ultralight rifle. I did not buy the NULA for mountain hunting. I bought it because I thought it would be a fun whitetail carry rifle. As Melvin touts, it points like a bird gun. Also planned to give it to one of my sons. I have a couple of nice 22lr sporters and a CZ 17hmr. The CZ is pretty darn light and I can often keep it to under .6 or so inches for 5 shots at 100 with light or no wind. Can put the 22's in under .3 at 50 with good ammo on a regular basis. My problem with the NULA is likely the load or how I handle centerfire recoil at the bench,with a light rifle.