24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: What are you doing this weekend? dirt99 24 minutes ago
I'm going to build a suspension bridge in the back yard Rudy Giuliani's popping by for drinks afterwards
14 280 more...
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Minimum cartridge for elephant. basdjs 25 minutes ago
I was gonna say 6.5 Creedmoor but then some guys on here might think you’re over gunned! 😁
22 1,911 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 25 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,296 14,652,425 more...
IC B2
Re: John wesley hardin Birdwatcher 25 minutes ago
He actually discovered cycling later in life. Nobody laughed at him for wearing spandex.
22 978 more...
Re: FAFO KNOCK OUT GAME Idaho_Shooter 25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I wouldn't convict the guy if I was on the jury.
Same here.
+3
justifiable homicide, or in Texas, he needed killin'.
90 4,317 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 26 minutes ago
Re: Does anybody really think Donald Trump can win the election? Eric308 26 minutes ago
Yes, he can win. Many variables from now until then: the economy, armed conflicts, candidates' health. We'll see. What is predictable is that this election will be like the last, not perfect but fair. Don't fall for ludicrous conspiracy theories based more on beliefs than evidence and peddled by hucksters and angry rubes.
27 838 more...
Re: College Protests 260Remguy 27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by slumlord
All of the hostages are dead
(260 Rem)
I think youre delusional

If the hostages are all dead, than the Israelis will have just cause to bomb Gaza flat, payback being a Mofo.
85 4,005 more...
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Minimum cartridge for elephant. Bighorn 27 minutes ago
.475 Linebaugh, loaded up with 410 gr. hardcast WFNGC bullets at 1250 fps.....
22 1,911 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 27 minutes ago
IC B3
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS Jack O'Connor's Zeiss camera GrimJim 28 minutes ago
My father acquired one of these as well as a Leica while he was overseas in WWII. A teetotaler, he traded his liquor ration for them. It is interesting to compare them because the Contax is designed to circumvent the Leica patents. These were the best 35mm cameras on the market in the 30’s and 40’s. I hope you are offering this camera to photography buffs as well as jack O’Connor fans.
7 560 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Wyo. Elk MIKEWERNER 28 minutes ago
Is JH back in the Psych ward again?
26 2,877 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 28 minutes ago
Re: What are you doing this weekend? lvmiker 29 minutes ago
packing for departure on 3 week road trip to utah, sd and wyoming.

mike r
14 280 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield dirt99 29 minutes ago
beauty
34 1,870 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 30 minutes ago
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Post those trophy photos from this season MIKEWERNER 30 minutes ago
Brad.......I could really care less whether you are cutting one off, or sewing one on.

I just don't want to pay for it.

Is that fair?
99 23,440 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 30 minutes ago
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Kimber - How they can build the "perfect" hunting rifle. Keechi_Kid 31 minutes ago
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
The good news is if you want a ridiculously short barrel you can take the longer barrel and do just that to it.

I would say I am obviously aware of that fact based on photos of me doing just that above, but please define ridiculously short for me?

This rifle launches a 6.5mm 147 grain bullet at 2500 fps. This bullet will expand down to around 1800 fps. It doesn't drop below 1800 fps until after 600 yards. Not many need more initial velocity to shoot further. The muzzle blast is non-existent due to the suppressor. What factor makes 16" ridiculously short?

It would have been nice to be able to pick it up from the factory ready to go as I have it now. My argument here is, with suppressors becoming more and more common, why would it not make sense for a factory rifle to be offered to pick up that segment of the market?
3 205 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 32 minutes ago
Simple answer... They want a civil war. Careful what you wish for.

Re: Oliver travel trailers TomT 32 minutes ago
Oliver, Scamp, Casita, Bigfoot... I'm sure there are more. All are double wall, fiberglass bodies (think boat hull), and are better for 4 season use, as the tanks are internal (vs mounted under, like a traditional travel trailer, Jayco for example). They last longer, have better resale, are better thermally, you don't have to seal the roof, like on a traditional trailer. The negatives, are they are BIG $$$ (you could buy 2 traditional camper trailers of the same size), and because of the molded shell, no slide outs. That means less internal space (no slides), but they are better for 4 season use (cold/water).

I REALLY want a Big foot B25RQ (rear queen), but just like the Olivers, they're close to $100K (the thing doesn't even have a motor or transmission :-).
19 796 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Semi autos for outdoors defense Mackay_Sagebrush 33 minutes ago
Friends,

I was out doing some testing of loads and decided to run a couple of 6 shot drills with the 9mm 148 grain +P hardcast flatpoint, and the .45 ACP 250 grain hardcast flatpoint that I produce.

I was using a Glock 19 and a Glock 21 for the drills. BTW, the velocity for the loads are 1100 FPS for the 9mm and 925 FPS for the .45 ACP.

I was shooting at a steel plate that I had brought along. I managed to leave my stand at home but propped it up with the arm that connects to the stand. When hammering on it with the .45 it was falling over and the last round went over it as the plate fell.

The results

With the heavy .45 250 grain +Ps in the G21:

.43 was the first shot.
1.56 was the last shot.

So 1.13 seconds for 6 shots.

Bear in mind that I don't shoot competition anymore and I am not as fast as I used to be, and I didn't do any warm ups. But I figure that was good enough.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

With the little Glock 19 using the 148 grain +P flat points:

.55 reaction time to first shot.
1.57 was the 6th shot.
So 1.02 seconds for 6 shots.

I ran the G19 again, and finished at 1.58, so it was pretty obvious that that was where my "window" was for getting fast hits.

What was interesting (to me) was that there was basically a 1/10th of a second difference in time between the heavy 250 grain .45 +Ps and the 9mm 148 +Ps. The .45s definitely have more recoil, but for six shots, 1/10th of a second really is not something I am going to be concerned about. Bearing in mind that I have put a LOT of heavy loads through G21s and am used to shooting them, so that is a factor.

Either will work and I will continue to use both. It will just depend on the circumstances of where I am going and what my needs are at that time.
0 64 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 34 minutes ago
Freshwater Jump to new posts
Re: Pick 4 Troutnut 35 minutes ago
1/4 oz Joe fly spinner
1 1/2" curly tail grub
1/8 oz Kastmaster or Daredevil spoon
Small marabou or other type hair jig.
1 32 more...
Re: FAFO KNOCK OUT GAME gunchamp 35 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
What's with the picture?
Jesus is instructing a young man on the necessity to change the batteries in a smoke detector when it starts to chirp.
I have to be honest, I dont get it lol
You've never worked in a call center then.
No I havent
90 4,317 more...
Page 3 of 588 1 2 3 4 5 587 588
AX24

555 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,456
Posts18,471,117
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.