Originally Posted by mbhunt
I see no justification to shoot there. That guy was a scumbag I'm sure but, those cops were dirty. Nobody was in immediate danger.

If that fast-moving and agitated individual was carrying a knife, the Cops were in immediate danger the whole time. Weapon seems likely on account of tho it was two to one they were keeping their distance and even retreating at one point.

Hands thrown up didn't look like a gesture of surrender to me, more like sarcastic defiance.

Everyone is saying "fat White guy", naah, around here we'd call that guy "Mexican", referring to ethnicity rather than nationality. Looks to me like a guy who grew up on the South Side of this city as a member of the criminal element. And by local standards, the guy weren't especially fat.

I dunno what funds bought that house, but I doubt the guy worked hard in a legitimate career to buy it.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744