Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by gunner500
Really hurts both my feelers to see an armed career criminal who just injured a woman and a kid in a domestic dispute get put down by the cops, NOT!

That is sort of how I feel. IMO, the cops were not in significant danger at the point of the shooting. There is no way the nut-job could have rushed two cops aiming Glocks at him from that distance and get close enough to cut either one of them without getting shot a bunch of times. But, what about the woman and kid inside the house? I'm thinking that the cops thought he was about to head back inside and potentially do more damage to them....anyway that would be my defense if I were they. Then again, at some point they had to take the knife away from him and arrest him. Did either cop have a taser at the time. If not, I can't see one telling the other to "cover him while I go get the taser" and I can't see them risking getting cut up trying to take the knife from the idiot. I don't think cops owe idiots that kind of favor.

I am like you, if an idiot is facing two cops with a weapon and won't put it down after being asked a couple of times, the idiot gets shot....not too many questions asked. Same with running away from a cop with a weapon. The cop has no idea who or how many you will kill with it if you are crazy and resisting arrest is a pretty darn good sign that you are.

Ummm...yes he could very well have covered that distance and quite possibly been on top of one of the cops before either cops reaction/response impulse connected and allowed him to respond accordingly....that's the whole point behind the oft quoted "21 foot rule"

They had apparently already used tasters with no effect

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell