http://www.kristv.com/story/2993852...cial&utm_source=facebook_KRIS_6_News

check out video in link.

CORPUS CHRISTI -

Local attorney Thomas J Henry is now representing the family of a man killed by two deputies in Bexar County.

Video of that shooting was released on Tuesday, and raises serious questions about whether deadly force was justified.

The video was shot by a citizen with the cell phone down the street.

It shows Flores shot twice by two deputies while he appears to have his hands in the air.

"This still photograph shows Mr. Flores in his front yard, with his hands up," said Henry on Tuesday as he pointed at one of several large posters, "This is critical because this video appears to demonstrate that the immediate danger of death or serious injury to an officer or another officer had passed."

Henry says it was a domestic dispute involving Flores and the mother of his child, born 21 days earlier, that brought deputies to the home.

A spokesperson for the sheriff's office said those deputies tried to use non-lethal force to detain him, but it didn't work, so they resorted to gunfire.

Henry worries the shooting could impact future standoffs between suspects and police.

"If you put your arms up, and that's not enough to say 'I give up', and you get shot and killed, what does that say for people who are willing to give up?" he questioned.

Henry has also learned that another citizen shot a similar video, and it could shed even more light on what happened.

Henry wants that video released by the county.

"I think all people in the community, in the state, and in our country want to see that second video to confirm whether it clarifies was he holding both of his hands up when he was shot and killed," he said.

According to Henry, a civil rights lawsuit in federal court isn't a certainty yet, but based on what he knows right now, it's highly likely.

A grand jury is expected to review the shooting to decide if the deputies should face criminal charges for their actions.

UPDATE 9/2/2015

Various media sources are stating that Flores had prior convictions for aggravated robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.

Comments

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter