Originally Posted by ltppowell
What did the guy have in his hand and what did he say just before he moved?

Good point ltp.

Sure is nice to see the rush to judgement, speaks wonders of our society as a whole in this day and age of "instant news" with video available from everywhere.

My question, and it kinda goes along with ltpowell's, is based on watching that very short snippet of video. Looking closly, I seemed to notice that just about exactly the same time the "alleged" offender is shot, the officer on the right side of the screen next to the dark SUV starts taking steps backward and seems to be starting to "duck" also? Did the "bad guy" have something in his left hand that he was getting ready to throw(or starting to motion with)? Did the officer I mention percieve a threat? Or was he ducking and backing because the other officer fired first? Hard to tell in that video, taken with a cell phone, from a distance away.

Maybe that other video will surface and we can find out. Until then I'll try to reserve judgement of all parties involved.

But I think the guy maybe should have gotten down on the ground if he wanted to live.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?