Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ltppowell

No, the law requires one be in fear of serious bodily injury to themselves, or another, as justification. Nothing more. Nothing less.
I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. Fear alone is inadequate. The fear must be reasonable by an objective standard. Standing passively with hands raised is inadequate, regardless of how much actual fear the officers subjectively felt.

I'm betting Pat knows more about tx's use of force laws than you do
Perhaps, but he's wrong in precisely how I stated that he was in this particular case. Fear isn't the standard for lethal force justification. It must be reasonable fear by an objective standard. Were that not the case, Barney Fife would be justified in shooting half the Town of Mayberry.

It's amazing.. (well not really)...That you haven't figured out Mayberry Andy and Barone were fake and never existed in the real world

You seem to purposely leave out that the cops were called there for a reason and if the information posted above is true then the individual had andblready committed felony andblreadyssault at the very least, how do you find it unreasonable that that an individual facing the said suspect, who was likely in a further agitated state just by the cops being called, would not feel threatened?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell