Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I am only going to take one day to be pissed off about this tomorrow is a new day, so I am not going to comment on this thread after this.

look Some would say why come on and piss in everyone's cheerios.

I love this country, do any of you knuckle heads realize how much you owe to the sacrifices so many have made for this nation? Just about all of us have a warm home to come home to, lights to turn on, food in the kitchen, gas in our cars, so many magnificent things. Just about all of it was invited in america, Just about all of it was a result of people being free, people being able to do what they wanted with their property, You owe the very circumstances you live in at this very moment because of the amazing country that our founders created. Without which who the hell knows what our lives would be but I can guarantee you one thing it would not be anywhere near what it is now. Stop and think about that just for a second. George Washington, Ben Franklin, John locke, What these men put into motion we owe and incredible debt of gratitude to for what they created. For all you athiest's out there I believe our nation was inspired by god. I believe god has blessed this country with more prosperity than the world has ever known.

I believe the reason God, with a capital G, has blessed this country is because we have stood for the right things. We have only asked for enough room to bury our dead after a war. Somehow freeing others has made us prosper even more. The individual has been empowered everyone prospers more,

I for one think character matters, I think honesty matter, I think fidelity matters. The Constitution is merely a piece of paper. If our leaders don't have character if they don't have virtue the constitution is not enough to restrain them. I don't think Donald Trump has character or virtue and for me that MATTERS ALOT.

owe say what you want about your holyier than thou, whatever. My belief in god, my belief in that there is life beyond this earth is what makes me try to be a decent person. If not why not steal, why not cheat on my wife, why not do whatever the hell to get whatever gain I can? Christ and his teachings are what helps me know right from wrong.

I just think a president who believes the same thing would make a better president. Trump doesn't give 2 [bleep] about God. The other choice was a god fearing man. who was mocked by so many people including people here. Frankly I just wanted my disgust of it put in record. If Trump becomes president I hope he becomes the best president we have ever had. I hope like hell I am wrong and will come on here and beg everyone for forgiveness. I love this country too much. I hope the dreams of the founding fathers and of Ronald Reagan and so many others stay true and that we somehow become a shinyier city on a hill. That is my desire. peace out!!!!

Oh man, you are so far off. The country has been, and always will be rotten at the core. From the very beginning it's been that way. I never get you "christians" who think that somehow this country was some sort of christian utopia. It never existed.

No wonder why you bought into Cruz, hook line, and sinker. That's what he was counting on. But, most Christian's with an ounce of discernment realized he was nothing but a snake oil salesmen, with a snake oil salesmen father and a big bank wife.

You idolize people waaaaaay too much.

cumminscowboy wanted a national preacher, not a president. His holier than thou bit is exactly the problem with evangelicals; they want to force everyone else to believe just like them, or live under their idea of a religious utopia. It's the legacy of the Puritans, and a damned shameful one at that as it leads to dissention and tyranny.

You're painting with an overly broad brush. Remember Trump actually won the evangelical vote by a pretty wide margin. The real legacy of the Puritans is that peculiar strain of American progressivism that seeks to remake the world in its vision of perfection. It is no coincidence that this legacy finds it most fervent expression in New England today.