Originally Posted by BobinNH
Doc: Great story! Hard to believe you can hit them that well and they manage to keep it together.

John: I have all the parts sitting here ready to ship to Gene for a 375. That's how I will roll mostly due to familiarity. Seems it's enough with good bullets and I will get busy on that as well. smile

I know there are a lot of experienced guys who say the 416's draw more reaction but I have been shooting a 375 for 30 years and really do not want to swap calibers now. 375 it is!

JG: Yeah I need to loosen up the chedda. smile i will admit to a degree of ambivalence about going but decided I want to do it.

Which I announced the other night and my daughter chimed in and said..."I'm going!"

Next day my son called my wife and said.."They aren't going without me!"

So there we go.....looks like the clan will be coming along LOL!

Shoot that 375! I shot one with a 416 Rigby and one with a 9,3X74R. Both shots were quartering and through front shoulders, then on into the heart.

Both animals turned and made the Classic hop as they headed away. Both dropped about 100 yards from where they were shot.

The third one I shot was another hunter's gut shot bull that had taken six more hits with a 9.3 and a 416 Rem, the hunter's gun and PH's gun respectively. I finished it at close quarters with a 416 high spine shot.

If I were to do it again I would use my fine old FN/Sako chambered to 375 Wby, not because the Wby chambering has any advantage but because I love the rifle.

I went with the older conventional wisdom of a solid, followed with softs at the behest of the PH. Knowing what I now know, and with the many great bullets we now have, I would have several softs on top and the solid third down.

You owe yourself a cape buffalo hunt. No two are the same.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”