Originally Posted by BobinNH
CRS: I don't know what to say about the Partitions....as you might know I have had much better luck with them. smile

But if I could not get MOA from them I'd look for something else too. Generally I have had no issues getting that kind of accuracy in quite a few rifles.

I scratch my head also with them. I have found two good loads with them. A 210gr out of a 338-06 and a 150gr out of my Dad's 270.

I really wanted to take the 200gr to Africa and see how they would compare to the 338-06 load I used on a few elk. But after shooting a couple boxes of them, I threw in the towel.

I am very happy with the monometals having used on them for many years on lots of big game animals. I hope to not recover any of them from my upcoming trip. I like entry and exit holes and will shoot to break bones. This will be a change, as I am typically a meat hunter and try to keep it in the ribs. I will also not be afraid to put as many shots in the animal to get the job done.

Like I stated above when/if a buffalo hunt ever materializes, I will take monometals and not even think twice about it.

Arcus Venator