Not trying to take away anything from African game, the lore is there.

But I used to bowhunt a LOT. I"ve seen quite a few deer with an broadhead holes through the heart that have made 300 plus yards of as the crow flies distances. Generally through the lower chambers instead of uppers.

I've seen MORE deer with holes through the basic middle of BOTH lungs that were alive 3 hours plus later.

I've got a bit of experience with archery... I don't shoot dull heads. I know a bit about what I'm doing...

That said I have about zero desire for Africa, but funny, I have a desire for a kudu and I don't care how I take him. But a nice pretty hide, and representative but not huge horns.
I also have a desire for a buff. Any buff. But only with a bow.

RE other comments on recoil, I could find almost no difference between a 375 HH and a 416 Rem Mag years ago.. I'm after a 416 or 458/458 Lott to have handy in AK in the coming years... but have not been serious about the look. I don't think you can get to big really on dangerous stuff, as long as you can shoot them well enough.

Animals, and I have no clue why from one to another... there is always that how scared and did they just breathe thing thats possible, but they tend at times to live a LOT longer than folks think. Being a bowhunter I've seen a LOT of stuff die up close and personal since there is no boom to frighten em etc.... they have no clue you are there, they don't go far, sometimes coming back to you rather than other direction.... Animals are flat tough at times.

Then you see someone gut shoot one with a rifle and it falls over never to twitch again....

I often wonder in Africa if its not due to hunting on foot and the fact that the animals have to know you are there when they are in big herds. But I've never been. Hvae no clue, maybe thats not the clue at all. Maybe most animals never have a clue a human is close when they shoot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....