I've shot a grand total of two buffalo - both with a 300gr Nosler Partition for the 1st shot and the rounds in the magazine were loaded with 300gr solids.

The first buffalo was shot at less than 40 yards facing me with his head up and the bullet struck at the junction where the neck joined the body. When the bullet hit his heads jerked higher and did his rear legs -- same moves used by rodeo bulls. He hid the ground hard and after 15 or 20 seconds he gave the death bellow. The bullet, which the skinner found and gave to me, had broken the neck where it dips down and then continued toward taking the heart. I'never seen anything hit the so fast or so hard.

The 2nd was a double lung shot taken at about the same distance. On impact the buffalo threw up his head spun away and ran about 29 yards and hit the ground dead.

I've only ever had two animals run very far = the first was a large zebra stallion that took two solid hits from the same .375 I used on the buffalo - the first shot was a running broadside at 100+ yards that was a solid broadside hit that rolled him over but he barely broke stride and the 2nd shot placed just behid the shoulder staggered him until we ealked up and I put a finishing shot into his neck.

The hardest to bring down from my limited experience was a large sable bull - 4 shots starting at a bit past 150 yards - the first one standing entered in front of his right hip and exited behind his left shoulder and knocked him to the ground - the next 3 shots were running and each was a solid hit that traveled the length of the body. I had to reload between shots and was reloading a 2nd time when the PH ran up and finished him off --- he gotten back on his feet and was trying to catch up with the herd.