John agreed on all counts, although admit that when it comes to 22 caliber, i use BT's and can't recall ever using a 22 caliber Partition!

The 1"/MOA standard you see is about the same for me although some custom rifles have shaded that well and I have had a few custom rifle that just bug hole the things.

The it comes to a 270 with a 130 NPT I am frankly surprised if I can't get them to cut an inch anymore from my rifles, but then it isn't often I will even bother with load work until the rifle is properly bedded and tuned. This may be one reason I have so little difficulty with them. The problems are usually rifle, not bullet, related.

I learned a long time ago to make sure the rifle was "right" before starting serious load development. The rifles that have given problems were generally raw, and untuned.

Another factor is the straight ammo business you taught me years back....I have "fixed" Partition "problems" simply by making sure run out was .005 or less and watched groups shrink...from those same tuned rifles.... smile

Still they are game bullets and I don't expect target quality groups from them although it sometimes happens.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.