I had my bully from a young pup, trained her to walk with me without a leash in public.
all accomplished by voice/tone and hand gesture. never had to lay a hand on her.

She would get rilled up and ready to drop the clutch whenever we came across dogs, cats
while walking the neighborhoods but she would stay by my side unleashed (or just move to the front)
all achieved through tone commands.

My dog had over the yrs never really tried to get out of the property, times Id left the gate open
during the day, sometimes over night and from what I am aware, she never left.
One day I came through the gate, she greeted me, left it open cause I was going back to the car
to leave again, just had to go to the back door to quickly put something inside.

...As I came back outside, I heard this weird commotion in the street but out of view, i.e.;
woman screaming in panic,muffled growls, yelps... my dog was gone from the drive!...rushed out to
find her attached to and thrashing at the throat of the old ladies corgie laying in the middle of the
road on its back in total submission....I managed to get her off and the corgie got up and hightailed
it like no tomorrow down the street while yelping in total fear for life ..Weird, the thing I vividly remember
most are the tin cans in the woman shopping bags she dropped, that were slowly rolling out across
the road when I arrived.

She also killed an intruder tomcat one night in the backyard.

conclusion: without me beside her -she could not be trusted.

Next account , this dog also grew up from a pup knowing my dad in the same home environment,
yrs later in his retirement he sort of took over care of the dog in the same house and neighborhood.
He clearly didn't have command of the dog like I did , for I would then hear of occasions of how it
attacked the dogs in the neigborhood when he walked her on a lead.

I never ever noticed her show any animosity toward people while walking her on the street, or toward
house guests, adult or child...but the past is no indication of what could happen in certain
circumstances in the future.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.