Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by Starman

My google search brought this one up straight away, it was 2nd on the page...lol..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1379196/Sleeping-cat-suffocates-baby.html

Wow you found 1 on the second page of the WORLD WIDE WEB. I didn't bother going that far. Did you read through the articles on the first page?

Read again , it came up straight away as second on the page....get it?

you scrolled 10 pages and couldn't find anything,then say you didn't go as far as the 2nd page...
ok whatever.

Janet Kipling, RSPCA South West regional spokesman, said: "This sort of tragedy is extremely rare. Cats do try to curl up with anything that is warm.
A cat would cover up most of a sleeping baby. You can buy cat nets to go over a cot or a carrycot. We would also urge parents to keep the cat out of the room."

Follow your own advise and read again. I didn't scroll through 10 pages on cats. When every article I read on the first page didn't produce a confirmation I quit. 10 solid pages of headlines is where I stopped when I googled pit bulls killing children.

My point is comparing the dangers of pit bulls killing children or leaving a pool unattended to the possibility of a cat smothering a child is just silly. As your own article points out it's extremely rare.

Unattended Pit bulls, pools, and children is a dangerous mix. Cats as it turns out, not so much.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.