Originally Posted by Willto
There is a weird anomaly here. Visit virtually any other hunting or shooting forum and you don't see 1/20 th of the Leupold bashing that you see here. Oh sure you see the occasional person talking about a problem with a Leupold at other sites but no more than any other brand and far less than some. (I'm looking at you Vortex)

Then you come here and there is this little click of people that claim to have had a 100% Leupold failure rate. Nope, never had a good one ever. All 14 of them they have owned all chit the bed in spectacular fashion. Kind of makes you wonder why they kept buying them after the first 6 failed but logical thinking like that just gets in the way of a good story. It's also strange that many of us have had 5 or 6 and never had a wisp of a problem. Odd that the failure rate for some is 100% while being 0% for others. Seems like it would even out a bit more. LOL!

I expect any day now to see some newbie trying to make a splash with the "He-Man Leupold Haters Club" by claiming that the Leupold scope he bought crawled off the top of his rifle in the middle of the night; knocked his daughter up, took a huge dump in the guest bathroom without flushing, poisoned the dog; and keyed his car on the way out the driveway. I mean if you are going to exaggerate at least make it interesting.

For a select few here it's a competition to see how many Leupold issues they can say they have had or have heard of happening.

Match results prove Leupold makes a quality scope, as do others such as LOW in Japan.

Leupold Derangement Syndrom is always a sympton of owning [bleep] rifles and the proof of that is the LDS suffer will never let anyone else mount the "bad" Leupold on a good rifle to test.

Another interesting pathology of the LDS suffer is how rabid they are in entering every Leupold thread to whine about their failures.

One never sees a skilled shooter spend any effort bashing optics brands even if they choose to use something different but the LDS victim always feels a compulsion to do anything to attack Leupold. This thread is a good example.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.