I own a lot of Leupold scopes that have done me just fine. some of them do get twisted quite often especially in a silhouette match. is it a high precision match no because most of us between you your rifle and the steel Target because you're holding it off hand with weight limits and time limits.
one of the biggest reasons Leupold dominates optics and silhouette matches is because of the weight.

I've also quite a few leupolds on hunting rifles they've always done me fine.

but the fact does remain on some of the disciplines in matches Leupold is fairly low down the list on popularity well in other disciplines there at the top. many times this has to do with how much weight a gun may be limited to in exactly what is demanded from it..
lots of companies make great optics anymore that's a matter of picking the correct one for what you're wanting that particular gun/scope setup to do.

I'm not going to argue which ones better for a certain person or certain discipline being as I nowadays have lots of variety. anything from Leupold, Zeiss, Meopta, Burris, Elite 4200,Hawke, Arken .
I'm sure I've left something out. and I've had many other brands.

to the original question my opinion yeah Leopold will survive for a long time. even if they fall out of the competition circle they've got quite the cornerstone in American hunting.. even though the modern rage right now is to crank turrets I would bet the vast majority of hunters do not..

Last edited by ldholton; 03/15/24.