Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

Have tested Maven optics, and they're very good. So are a bunch of others.

As I am not a scope company I would not have offered to send you a scope, for testing or otherwise. I might have offered to demo a rifle setup.

Anyway, I am still interested in the scopes you have found to be better than Leupold for modern rifles and why those scopes are better.

The 24hr Campfire is a good place to learn new things.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
You offered to send me a "Greybull" scope to test, which was evidently a Leupold-made scope.

The LOW-manufactured dialing scopes I've used with great results over years of twirling them up and down have included Bushnell Elites, Nightforces, Tract Torics and Weaver Super Slams. There are probably some more I can't remember offhand.

Well I still have a few of those scopes if you want to see a demo of how well they still work after many years and much dialing.

We could compare those at Long Range to your LOW scopes of recent vintage. The ones that work better on modern rifles. It would be fun.

Let me know.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.