Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If your puzzy is packed with itchy sand this link will just make it worse.

Leupold Domination

If on the other hand you realize there are lots of good optics and Leupold makes some damn good optics even if you pick something else you will get a smile out of the wailing and knashing of teeth that the shitty rifle brigade posts.

What the pros use: PRS Scope

Without fail, the rifle scope is the most searched for piece of precision rifle equipment of the What The Pros Use list, and for good reason, as most actions, barrels and rifles when chambered and fitter properly will shoot well, but if the scope fails or you cannot see the target, it cannot be shot, no matter how accurate the rifle is. What was surprising this year, is how many shooters in the top 10 were using the Tangent Theta, but good to see the Leupold Mark 5HD still being the most used, and still very much perfect for the job. This just goes to show that you do not necessarily need the most expensive elite tactical scope and in fact the top used scope being half the price of the second place for most used, and both get the job done.

Yep - Leup is 1 overall but when I go to the PRS website itself and add up what is basically the same scope in 2 different generations/magnification - Vortex has 103 more users than Leupold.

Of the guys currently in the top 10, I believe there are 2 shooting Leupold. 4 and 10. Rest are something else. Overall Leupold is 22.2% of the PRS shooters, Vortex is 29% Is that "domination"? being 6.8% behind the #1 brand choice?

Doesn't mean Leupold is crap - just saying that it's not exactly like there's Leupold and nothing else comes close or that by not using a Leupold scope, you're at a disadvantage.

Me