Originally Posted by Limapapa
I have learned the hard way that a couple of high misses, and one lucky spine shot, show that the 3 inch high school doesnt work for me. I just can't remember to aim low at the closer shots. On the other hand, since rangefinders came out, you can take your time and calculate whatever drop you need if you're out past 300 yards. So, to sum up, carry your gun with the scope set at 2 1/2 or 3 power, and zeroed either at 200 or about 1 to 1 1/2 inches high at 100, and aim dead on. If the shot is past 300, take a deep breath, roll your scope up to 8 or 9 power, hit the rangefinder to confirm distance, calculate the drop based on your cartridge, and lie down or hold against a tree. If you don't have time to do all that, don't take the shot.

Yep, if you are unable to remember, it won't work. Of course its all mindset, if you can manage to remember to use a rangefinder and click etc.... then you COULD remember if you really wanted to. I have a buddy I got his wife to order him a new scope with mil dots in it... Those mess with his head.. to the point one day I'll buy a scope without and swap him.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....