Originally Posted by advntrjnky
PJGunner

I didn't mean to sound contrary. My only point was that a 220gr RN in a 1/12" .308 should probably be verified (at distance) as being adequately stabilized before being relied on for possible dangerous game.

Good point only I doubt I'd be shooting at dangerous game at extended ranges. Probably would be more like up close and personal. grin
My point was you keep hering gunwriter BS that you can't get good rsults from a .308 with the heavier bullets because of not nough velocity and two, a 1 in 12" twist will not stabilize those bullets. Apparently, at least in my rifles I have proved to my satisfaction that those comment just are not true. I will concede that most likely the longer spitzer 220 gr. bullet won't work in a 1 in 12", at least until I can load up some and try them. I honestly expect those will probably keyhole, maybe even at 100 yards. But then I follow Sierra's caveat to not use Matchkings for hunting. Who know? I might be surprised.
It's just that I've heard so many times over the years that this won't work or, you can't do that that these days, just for the hell of it I try and see if I can do this or that. Most of the time I can't but some of the time? Surprise, it can be done. Nothing more than satisfying my own curiousity.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE