Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Seafire
[quote=Big Stick]

To be fair - you've NOT cited a good BC 220 grain round .308 bullet moving at any speed.

Well Teal, who does it really have to be 'proven' to?

you personally ask a legitimate question, I'll more than happily give you an answer... .of course whatever I say, Schmucklette will use it as material to piss on it, so does it really matter?

Marines trained in pre WW 1 to shoot 220 grain Round Noses out of their Springfields out to 800 yds plus...get that weight moving, it is hard to stop...or slow down quickly...

but in my hunting I preferred the 220 RN back in my northern MN & Wisconsin Hunting...out of my good old A Bolt 06...

it was always zeroed at 3.5 inches high at 100...and a few little ballistic marks on the old scope, 300 to 400 yds wasn't a real problem... spend a little time practicing....it wasn't that hard in reality...

everything has a trajectory when it is shot out of a rifle.. you just follow the trajectory charts, which are pretty accurate in my experience...

bullets were Sierras, and MV was at 2500 if that is a concern...
SD: 331, BC: 300...3.5 inch zero at 100, about an 8 inch drop at 300 yds...one can find that out from a couple of reload manuals..

of course Schmucklette will claim no one can hit something at 300 yds with a 220 grain RN, while he brags that he can shoot eggs at 500 and 600 yds...so what does that tell us?

No ONE but Schtick can shoot accurately past 50 yds, without his presence.... whistle