Rodngun,

We probably agree on more, than not.

I can appreciate you defining yourself as a "Republican". I would define myself as a christian conservative with libertarian leanings. I decry the encroachment of government by "fiat" on our inalienable rights.

So without going to deep, or if you like, we could take this to a PM.
However, I've a question for you. How, whether or where you answer is up to you.

I understand playing devil's advocate. But it would seem that in the post I responded to that you were endorsing increasing control by someone, be state or local government or some type of group over an individuals property rights. I understand that we live subject to certain governmental control, but I certainly do not endorse increasing regulation over what an individual can do with their own property. Evidently by your post you do.

As an aside, I've quit watching the hunting programs. The emphasis on taking trophies has gotten to be to much. I've been self employed all my life and I understand marketing and the free enterprise system, and I wouldn't change that, but it seems that most shows these days are basically infomercials for the different sponsors. I usually take my limit of deer each year, I have taken sheep, goats, exotics, dove, turkey, javelina and hogs. Don't remember scoring one of them. Do remember the braggin' rights, and campfires shared with the 9 other old farts I share a lease with, the hunts with other guys I hunt with and the times shared with my oldest son while hunting.

I haven't hunted high fence as it hasn't been a necessity. Would I hunt a 300 or 400 acre trap where animals have to rely on supplemental food sources to survive. Where guides sit with clients in blinds waiting for hungry/thirsty animals have to come for survival, then choosing which animal to shoot. No I would not. Do I think it should be illegal. No. I do have a problem with calling that hunting. I would call it shooting or harvesting.

If I had the opportunity to hunt a high fenced ranch of say 2,000 acres or more, where there was plenty of feed and reliance on a supplemental food source was not a factor, I probably would.

Best
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.