Originally Posted by Rodngun
I guess I should clarify a few things-
I dont really care that the TPWD did the 13 inch rules God knows alot of areas need it .- I just see it like this :
If they can make you get a license,permits,set limits,tell you the hours of the day to shoot,tell you what month of the year to kill something " on your poperty" - Then SURELY they can set a "Cap" on Lease amounts- They could even divide the state into 4 regions on the Cap- We were having a good conversation until one guy jumped up with all his Anti Govt-they aint gonna tell me what to do with my property etc etc--he was good with everyhting including the "Cap" until we got to the high fence rule
(as in not allowed period)- then he had a fit ...he just got up and left the cafe - maily becuz I believe he got embarrassed !

Last but not lest - We the hunters brought all this on ourselves - I would say that for the last 15 out of the 43 years I have been hunting - the last 15 has just gone to hell..We the hunters use to marshall ourselves while on a lease,not true today !

The good old days..First property we ever had - we called it "the hunting grounds" no lease was involved - The man simply let us hunt on his property and all he wanted was a couple of hindquarters- then came along the idea of -lease my proerty to hunters to pay my taxes -and today it's EVERYMAN FOR HIMSELF !!

TV..did most of that damage -I very seldom watch a hunting show on Tv anymore - alot of fishing -but seldom a hunting show -back when Jack OConnor and Kurt Gowdy made Tv shows it was all good !! Turn the Tv on today and the minute I hear them call a deer by "name " or say - "oh Ive been watching him for the last 3 years"- I know its time to flip the channel -cuz I know right then its a Zoo hunting show.Nothing piss me off more for somebody to capture state wildlife inside a fence - feed em 22 percent and then let some Dufus come in - drive him/her around ..spot the deer - throw up a 300 magnum and cut the deer in half at 75 yards - then shake hands - turn around and fly back to whatver wonderland he /she just came from -

*** Rost - I dont have a link for the Airboat fiasco - when we were at Nails creek - one of the rangers told us that the
" horse " people were complaining - I told him I was sick of Kayaks - Canoes -Boats - and Jet Ski's & Cigar boats etc etc - he got the point - The trailriders want me and you to be banned from the Nails Creek area - I dont think so !!!

Dude.....GMAB

All American

All the time