Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Rodngun
I HATE that rule - management of deer and property comes from within...its the attitude of - if I dont shoot him my neighbor will - I am so tired of hearing that crap -

The last lease we had in Fredersicksburg we had a mutual agreement with everybody inside the WMA ..no high fences - etc etc - 8 pointer or better ..we didnt need the TPWD to come in and set new rules and limitations for us - we already had them in place .
Same thing goes for crappie fishing - if I snatch a crappie out of 25 feet of water and he is foul hooked or hook set deep in his throat- the fish is gonna die - but I have to throw him back - Crappie was only 9 1/2 inches - but then again - like I said earlier - go read the wanton waste section....

That rule is one I agree with though... its because NO one wanted to manage our deer here, they just popped as many as they could that had bone..... Nothing to prevent that. That 13 inch rule has been the BEST thing that ever happened to our area. And though I have not been back to public in E Tx, I bet its the best thing going there too.

Locally I went from seeing a deer now and then, to over 5 years into the program I can go see anywhere from 1-7 bucks on average about every time I go to the back pasture. We only have 98 acres....

Jeff

Its all good Rost -
It has its + and - but like all things - some of us hunt just to hunt and not looking for trpohies evry single day we are in the blind - not saying you are - just saying that to much emphasis is being put on Racks vs meat..I dont have to kill a 19 inch spread 10 pointer every year..the hardest thing to do is to get all the landowners on the same sheet of music - and the landowners are just not going to do that-