Originally Posted by Rodngun
I HATE that rule - management of deer and property comes from within...its the attitude of - if I dont shoot him my neighbor will - I am so tired of hearing that crap -

The last lease we had in Fredersicksburg we had a mutual agreement with everybody inside the WMA ..no high fences - etc etc - 8 pointer or better ..we didnt need the TPWD to come in and set new rules and limitations for us - we already had them in place .
Same thing goes for crappie fishing - if I snatch a crappie out of 25 feet of water and he is foul hooked or hook set deep in his throat- the fish is gonna die - but I have to throw him back - Crappie was only 9 1/2 inches - but then again - like I said earlier - go read the wanton waste section....

TPW put that rule into effect because hunters kept hounding them to instigate that rule. It was a pilot program in 2 counties and was scheduled to run for 5 years and then go to comments before being moved on.

TPW got seiged with people wanting them to move it to their counties and the response has been positively overwhelming in the feedback meetings. If you don't like it show up at the meetings.

Because response was so positive (as were the results) they moved it up and to more counties.

Otto is my co-pilot.