Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Yes, I'm aware that it's AC-or-die in the summer. I've been going to Yuma every Sept. 1 for a great many years now, and know all too well what 117 degrees plus saturation-level humidity feels like. (For starters... I can tell you I don't shoot doves all that well under those conditions... heat stroke plays hell with your concentration).

I guess i shouldn't mention that for the last three years on sept 1 i have been at a county island in glendale which is part of the metro phoenix area for the thousands of dove that like to feed there. On a bad day, and shooting over your shoulder with a mirror, takes about five minutes to get a limit.
I live on the north side, mainly because i was born/raised in prescott and wanted quick access back there. saturday morning i drove up to the house in prescott, then to chino valley just north of there for a family gettogether barbeque/horses were trying to get in line for the food, then up to williams to scout for elk. In the phx metro area within a few hours driving time you can have any kind of land you want. mountains, desert, ocean, etc.
Most of the year it is real nice. The bad months are july august with the heat/humidity. You quickly learn the standard dress is shorts/t shirt/flip flops. If you look you can have horse property dead center in the city.
If you have the money, it is a could time for property as prices are way down from a couple of years ago.
I also might mention built in the arizona consitution is a provision about the right to firearms. It is in general a gun friendly state.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO