Originally Posted by Tracks
Been to the Bar in Crown King. My Son-In-Law tried to sell me some land there a few years back.
I like the area between Prescot and Yarnell.

have a deer tag this fall for the area to the north of yarnell and prescott going up to camp wood.
as to the bar in crown king, don't think it has to have changed much but had to relate the story.
In the early 70's in december a friend and i split a case of beer and headed up the old road to crown king.
that road originally was the narrow cage railroad, with all the switchbacks. Went into the bar, had the pot belly stove going, and went out back to use the outhouse. Had a hollowed out log for the urinal on a slant running out the side. The bar impressed me because they had cases of coors stacked on one side clear up to the ceiling. The guy said they were expecting bad weather, which made sense at the time.
people's valley just before yarnell has always been kind of a nice little place. Use to patrol down that way in another life.
A lot of the forest around crown king is pretty rough these days due to drought and the bark beetle.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO