You can carry concealed in Phoenix- it is not Las Vegas... It is not that uncommon to see folks carrying on their hip as well. Having been in law enforcement here for over 20 years, it was pretty funny watching new officers who had relocated from places like NY or MI or MA freak out when they saw someone toting a gun.

There are lots of drug related shootings in Phx but 90% of them are illegals shooting illegals.

If your job is on the NE side, you will be foolish to live anywhere else. Traffic is MUCH improved over the past 2 years but the evening commute can still be a grind. I commuted to downtown PHX for 5 years from Mesa. I waited until 830 to leave the house and waited until after 6pm to drive home. I usually got to work right about 9:05 or so. I didn't enjoy the drive but it is NOT LA.

The summer heat is the worst part of living here. I spent two years in Prescott and do miss it. Late July and early August are the most brutal times as our humidity hovers around 50% and the temps in the 100-112 range. It's 103 as I type this and 55% at my house in Mesa. I have already had to take a shower today after spending the morning working in the back yard.

I intend to spend the rest of the summer scouting in the higher country and avoid the worst of it.

It is a little over an hour to Payson from Mesa and another 25 minutes to get up on "The Rim". From Phx, you have CITY for about 25 miles until just south of New River. It is two hours to my house in Prescott and three to Flagstaff. From PHX it is 30 minutes closer.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.