I will second everything that Rufus,Ron and KRP have said.

Phoenix metro is NOTHING like Los Angeles, thats probably the worst comparison I have heard yet.

Also Arizona is an open carry state as well as "constitutional carry" meaning no need for cocncealed carry permits.

Wow, that's news. I was kicking myself for letting my concealed permit expire as I'll be spending a lot of time back in my home state this year. Did not realize they went to permit-less concealed carry this year.

And Phoenix is nothing like LA. I grew up in AZ, both in the valley and around Flagstaff. I live in LA now. No comparison. Sure, it's not the central AZ of the 70's, but it's also not the LA of the 90's either.

It does crack me up a bit to hear people complain of traffic in the valley. I've been back so many times, and relatively speaking, yes, it's worse, but still doesn't touch LA traffic for its' mind numbing slow pace and steering wheel eating inconsiderate drivers.

If you have an inside job, you'll be fine with the heat. Takes some getting used to, but manageable, if you're just not completely "alergic" to the heat like I am in my older age. Hate it, and it makes me miserable to do anything outside in the heat.

Almost moved back a couple years ago, then took a substantial promotion (sold out I guess). Will be in the hell of LA for a few more years I guess. But it's still close enough for me to get back on long weekends and vacations.

Love AZ, but if I have started looking at NM. Same type of geography, weather (desert, mountains), same type of things to do, but with half the population.

If my company bought there now, I'd be back in a heartbeat, desert heat or not.

Last edited by DaveR; 07/27/10.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.