Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
As for CCW I don't believe you can carry concealed in PHX.

Dead wrong there cowpoke...
Its a state law. Even previous to "constitutional carry" passage you could carry concealed in Phoenix with a shall issue CCW permit.

as to the ccw.
when that bill was first passed, while i objected to the need of the darn thing anyway, i decided to take the class.
It happened i took it from one of the guys that helped write the bill. It was done in such a way you would have to be pretty much a moron not to pass it, yet there are those who can't. That is interesting about clints wells, i would have never thought it a problem. Last year while elk hunting around williams went to breakfast one morning at a popular restaurant in williams. The whole restaurant was full of camo, and guns hanging all over the place.
Nobody thought it out of place.
Locally there are periodic dinners in the phoenix metro area where everybody shows up with open carry.
It might be more noticeable in phoenix to see people open carry, but you do and it is legal in most places. Outside of the metro area i would make the assumption that everybody is armed and would mostly be correct.
I have gone to periodic machine gun shoots around prescott where there was a half million dollars of firearms on the firing line. There is a small hill there that is slowly being turned into rock chunks by that mil surp ammo.
you would need to check but i do think we reciprocate with utah on the ccw.
i might add at a barbeque in chino saturday, a guy whips out a new ruger 9mm as he works for ruger, and passes it around.
I think most of the adult males there were armed or certainly had them in the vehicles.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/27/10.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO