Originally Posted by IntruderBN
Up here near cave creek we're 1000' higher than downtown Phoenix, and it's about 7 degrees cooler, if you care about that.

i might add that just to the north of cave creek is the seven springs, camp creek road. Which through bends etc goes about 70 or 80 miles north to a place called childs. One of the interesting things is that you have that mass of humanity, but within miles you get into country that hasn't changed much in 200 years. I might also note that about 50 miles north of my house in north phoenix is crown king, in the southern bradshaws. I have seen 20 feet of snow there once upon a time. About the same 50 miles north is also bloody basin, named after an unfortunate housecleaning episode with some local indians a number of years ago. I will guarantee you can get into trouble real quick there if being stupid, from the heat in the summer, and the mud in the winter.
If you want to be a indian do like my cousin did. He went a few years ago up north of cave creek to bloody basin crossing the bridge on foot at sheeps crossing(bridge built for sheep) and did a week in the matztal wilderness area on foot. It was the danged indian coming out of him.
Cave creek has mountain lion coming into down once in a while. Friend of mine lives there and has had them in his back yard, tempted to let loose with the a.k.
As to the permitless carry, that does NOT come effective for a few more days, as to the concealed part.
You could always carry pretty much, just not concealed. The law change when effective gets rid of that issue.
Be careful where you park your hat, it is a difficult decision to think real estate is coming back real quick.
A soon to be family member a few years ago bought a nice 1900 sq ft 3bedroom, 2bath house with pool out off I10 and 122ave, say south west part of town. Would have to think purchase price was over 200k at the time. It short saled recently for about 67k. Course 40% of the subdivision is that way.
I think rufus in the weeds, lives out in waddell, which is on the west side. Nice place, named after a family member.
Again, in a few hours i was up on bill williams mt outside of williams saturday, in tall grass looking at the rain clouds moving in checking for elk, lion, deer, what ever was moving. I think that area is about 7000 ft and at night it is certainly cooler.
My daughter commented this weekend with the cloudbursts you were cold at night in prescott, but hotter than hades coming down to phoenix the next morning.
Last fall coming out of a blizzard up north, when i got down close to phx i turned the a/c on.
Mr headworker there in s.e. arizona has got part of it right. I can think of a lot better places than phx to live in in arizona, but the metro phx/tucson/flagstaff corridor is where you make the money to go play in the rest of the state which is thinly populated.
i might add for people who have read louis lamours books, a lot of them were written near payson, or aforsaid crown king in a place called horse thief basin. He got the original spirit of arizona pretty close.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/27/10.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO