Originally Posted by jmj
Nice deer, however you would be kicked out of any club I've ever been in.
Typically game hogs do not bode well in leases.
To each his own I guess.

I don't understarnd the distinction your making in club rules as it pertains to what the members "feel" or agree to as socially or ethicly acceptable and sound game managment.

Just for kicks, Lets say there are six of you in a club or lease that have x amount of acres. Say your club agrees to pay a biologist to come in and to evaluate your property and all agree to use thier recomendation in the clubs managment plan.

The biologist tells you that 80% of the lowest prefered food sources on your place are depleted and they are seeing obvious brows lines in much of the habitat, which affects everything from over all herd health, to disease resistance, to fawn conception and mortality rates and often most important...ANTLERS....
Based on sound science, They recommend that you reduce your herd by at least 60 animals to bring the populatiopn more in line to what the available habitat can support.
Would you feel that 10 deer each is to many for one person? What if two of those members always just hunted opening week end of gun and killed (maybe) just two deer each year. so now the other hunters need to kill 14 deer each to bring the herd into check..thats if EVERY one of the remaining members kills the 14...what if a couple more of them just killed 5 each...then the remaining two must pick up the rest of the deer at 23 each....Is that being a game hog? And would the members that feel they didn't get to kill thier "fair" share feel resentment to those that had to pick up the slack for them in obtaining the managment goals that they ALL agreed to?.... confused

And as far as I know, the man that killed 30 deer that year didn't kill any of them on club leased property. They were all killed on numerous farms and propertys that only he had permision to hunt. Three deer off of a 500 acre farm doesn't sound like to many to me does it to you? (in fact probly not enough for that area)...
What if you had exclusive permission to hunt Ten farms and took just 3 deer off of each one?....