Originally Posted by NH K9
I enjoy decoying for other people's mals and handling sheps.

IMHO, I have the best of both worlds.....a 63ish lb. black female GSD. Speed, intelligence, and noneo of the bullchit male hang-ups. Sometimes, she's not as independent as I'm used to. That's a minor issue, though, and not a bad habit alone in the dark.

George

George hit the nail on the head...Mals are faster and IME hit harder, but GSDs engage their brains a bit more fully, and a lighter GSD like his dog hits harder and faster than the big scary dogs grin I am frankly hoping for the "best of both worlds" that he mentions in my next dog...
As for the black faces...I never had any trouble reading them either, but I know of a surety the black dogs are always the last to be adopted at any shelter for that reason...
And as for breeders screening applicants for their pups and placing them in the appropriate homes...for working dogs ( not pets mind you..) I would consider it part and parcel of being a "Responsible" breeder. Even my favorite Lab breeder places the pups....

Anyway...this has been a pretty good thread, with some gorgeous dogs pictured...

( I still wanna go steal Sammo's dog...can't believe that one was a stray...)

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe