I've got 2, and won't ever not have one. I got a male 5 or 6 years ago, not papered, but his sire was owned by a buddy's dad in NM and he was a dog killing sob (dogs that came onto his property). My buddy had a pup from him, and he was an awesome dog. Good natured, big, built really well, so when another litter from the same parents came up for grabs I took one. He's been awesome. Had some issues for a bit, but had him castrated and that fixed it. I got him purposefully for protection, to watch the wife and kids while I was gone, both physically and simply the intimidation factor. But if somebody comes to visit, I don't have to worry he's going to eat somebody's kid. [bleep] that, I've no time for that kind of BS. He's a companion and a first line of defence/alert. He's about 95 lbs, and you would not want to make a quick move around my wife if I'm not there. Hell, he'd defend her against me. That being said, if I didn't trust him around my kids he'd already be dead. The only thing with that bugger is he's a cat killing fool. He's got a hell of a prey drive, and very very focused when he's in alert mode.

I got a smaller female from a "breeder" in Great Falls. Whiskey Tango outfit out of a trailer, but she's one hell of a dog. She's my son's dog. Sleeps under his bed, constant companion outside. Gunshots don't bother her, she'll hang out with us all day shooting, or anything. Certainly no Old World $10,000 dogs, and I wouldn't present them as such. If I'd the money I'd love one of those dark Czech dogs, but for me I've done ok with these mutts.

MAGA