Originally Posted by RockChucker30
Our core is to build gear that is simpler, lighter, stronger, efficient, and more functional.

If we can build pockets that are better than what is available now and offer them at a fair price then I'd be interested in doing that.

If we can't innovate and offer a better product at a fair price then we would have to at least match the current product quality and hopefully beat the price. If that's not possible then I don't have a lot of interest in making something just to make it.

Honestly I'm a bit ambivalent toward a lot of PALS and pocket add ons. If you want a lightweight pack, then get a lightweight pack. Don't make it a light heavyweight with a ton of add ons that don't add to the functionality and actually decrease efficiency of travel.

That said, the only thing I would personally put on a hipbelt would be a PALS compatible holster. So, we may very well offer a couple runs of PALS on the belt as a custom add on.

Most of the stuff I want quick access to will be in a Gateway.

[Linked Image]

I "get" your points here and am not much of a "fan" of PALS, after some incidents with it on new Kifaru and MR packs. I understand all the versatility, etc, I just don't care for it.

My concern is simple, I already own several excellent packs both built for and modded for the hunting I like to do, so, spending more scarce "retirement" $$$$ on another hunting pack, at 67, is not going to happen for me, UNLESS, there are actual, functional issues in respect of substantially lower weight WITH durability, etc, equal to the MR NICE.

So, IF, there WAS an optional pocket system, as suggested in my previous post and the total pack would still, as I think it could, weigh about 2/5 of my two fully rigged NICE setups, it would be worth squeezing the family budget to get a pack equal to the NICE and much lighter.

That, anyway, is the opinion of one old geezer and may/may not be a worthwhile consideration. I won't carry my Leica/Manfrotto CF spotter combo merely tied to a pack, not given what this cost and I dislike anything hanging on my chest, so, some pocket options are necessary for me.

JMHO, the pack as shown really impresses me and I really hope your venture with it is wildly successful.