Lots of suggestions, to be expected on a forum such as this, I guess. There are many ways for different people to accomplish the same or very similar ends and so many suggestions may well produce quite different, but, equally effective ways of accomplishing the same ends.

As I mentioned on the phone last week, I think that this is a pack design, that could really BE the "all around-do it all" rig that many might well want and will gladly buy.

One basic frame, can have several different bags for different uses, perhaps, large and small "Multicam" versions for hunting, a spare Talon, in orange, as you point out and then, the same bags in a nice, bright combo of "Dayglo" orange and red, for climbers, ski-mountaineers and others who are wise to be clad in and carry gear of highly visible colours so it is easier to spot them from a SAR aircraft in an emergency.

I don't know of any current pack maker who offers a system that does this and I think that it is a useful approach to providing an "all in one" pack that might well be a very practical and popular choice for many people.

One point here, there was a mention of keeping my spotter/tripod in my top pocket, rather than in the side pockets I have and prefer on all of my packs. I do not do this because ALL of the considerable first aid and emergency gear I always carry, on day hikes as well as hunts, etc. is ALWAYS placed in the SAME places in my top pockets.

This, is one of several personal techniques which I have evolved over many years of spending extensive time alone in some of Canada's most remote wilderness and I have very sound reasons for doing this. So, that pocket is full and my optics must ride elsewhere.

Whatever, I am eager to see reports of this pack in the field and think it is going to be a "winner".