I carried mine for the first time today. Did a hike, maybe 4-5 miles, nothing grueling. I just loaded a "daypack" load in it: First aid kit, stove & pot, poncho, TP kit, fire starting kit, some doo-dads, snacks, instant beverages, a liter & 1/2 of water, a jacket and.... a Gransfors Bruks Wildlife hatchet! grin
I had an HPG Kitbag on front with camera, compass, .38spl, eyeglasses, etc. Total weight was about 21-22 lbs. With a sore shoulder I cinched down the belt tight and had no issues. The pack was very comfortable, no rub spots, no pinching. The belt held without slipping with no pack weight on the shoulders. The belt is very comfortable & I've never used a pack with a wrap-around belt and without the big lumbar pad. I like that. To me, it's more comfortable and eliminates that pressure point of the lumbar pad.

While this isn't a review, I have nothing but positive impressions. I'm no pack expert and with my sore shoulder it was fairly lightly loaded but I was happy.

I also have no $ interest in the company other than what I have invested in this pack. Kevin T is my dad though. However, that in no way influences what I'm saying here. He made me pay for my pack. Really. whistle

Last edited by snubbie; 03/10/14.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com