Before I head out for a few days thought I would comment on the pack:

-Very comfortable belt, and there is no slip at all. Probably the feature that I like best.

-I like the x-pac material. Was doing a 55# hike and we got rained on a bit. The X-pac performed as advertised, didn't soak up any water at all.

-I haven't used the Talon as a daypack yet, but I really like the features that it offers for organization. The way I hunt it will likely never come off of the pack though.

-The frame puts all of the weight on the hips, with none to speak of on the shoulders.

After I get back and namack is done I will be putting some hard scouting miles on it. Should have some good information as well.

Also, like namack said, we and one other guy are working on a fairly comprehensive side by side review of several "top end" packs. The three of us will each be putting 25 miles on each of the packs he mentioned. We've put together a report card of sorts that will help any buyer figure out which pack best suits THEIR individual needs and preferences.

Our goal is to be done with the review before September huntings season rolls around. I will have details on where the review will be posted/printed after we get rough drafts and miles on the packs done.